GEO: Regular-irregular polygons
From OpenContent Curriculum
Identify and classify regular and irregular polygons using diagonals, number of sides and angles; identify triangular and rectangular pyramids using vertices, edges, and faces. (GLE  G-1, G-2)
Feel free to edit the standard as you see fit. Use the discussion or Talk page to explain your reasons for changes.
KNOW The vocabulary:
- polygon vs. polyhedron (2D vs. 3D)
- triangle, quadrilateral, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, nonagon, decagon
- regular vs. irregular polygon
- triangular and rectangular pyramids
- faces, edges and vertices on a polyhedron
ABLE TO DO
- classify a polygon according to the number of sides, angles or the number of diagonals it has
- identify if a polygon is regular or irregular
3-D Toolkit Student look at real life shapes and record them in their toolkit. Teacher sets up stations with examples of a shape at each station.
Polygon's defined and pictured
Polygon Matching Game: Pictures/Name
Science Vocabulary Hangman- Offers a stunning array of choices. Mathematical vocabulary areas include: 5th and 7th Grade Math, Geometry Basics, Numbers and Sets, and Really Big Numbers.