Seeking employment process
From OpenContent Curriculum
Back to CS Level 5
5.02 - Understands and practices the process for seeking employment including resume and cover letter development, application completion, interview skills, and appropriate dress for work settings.
Feel free to edit standard as you see fit. Use the discussion or Talk page to explain your reasons for changes.
- Students will know the process for seeking and obtaining a job.
ABLE TO DO
- Student is able to seek employment by starting a resume, cover letter.
- Student is able to fill out an employment applications.
- Student is able to demonstrate interview skills.
- Student is able to demonstrate appropriate dress for individual work settings.
4. People resources
7. Write source red book.
Teach basic resume writing skills to include knowledge of writing cover letter, resume, job application and follow up thank you letter. Teach basic interviewer expectations leading to the successful development of a list of interview questions composed by the student.
This standard is met at least partially by participation in NACTEC sessions
CONNECTION TO OTHER STANDARDS:
Check writing standards to see if this could be used as a proficient sample.
PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES:
Students will compose a cover letter, resume and job application to be used in a mock interview setup and conducted by a local business depending on the occupational choice pursued by the student.