Why Did Russia Sell Alaska to the USA?
From OpenContent Curriculum
Brainstorm questions about: "Why did Russia sell Alaska to the US?"
Contributed by students during 4th period class 10-8-08
- Why did Russia want to sell Alaska? MK
- Did Russia want to get rid of Alaska?
- Was Alaska a desirable (potentially useful) place?
- Who were the people involved in the sale?
- Did the Russian people care (or know) about the sale?
- Did the US have a deal with Russia?
- What were the relations between the US and other countries then?
- Was Alaska a "problem" for Russia?
- Did the US buy Alaska for a good reason?
- What reason(s) did the US buy Alaska?
- What was the population of Alaska when the US bought it?
- Why did Russia sell so cheap?
- (Why) did Russia want Alaska?AL
- Did "we" (Natives) want to be bought and sold? (JP)
- Did Natives know or care?
- What did American citizens think or feel about buying Alaska?
- What was the US economy like then?
- What factors (resources) did people care about in Alaska?
- Was gold a factor in the sale?
- Was Alaska being used and by whom?
- What was Alaska used for then?(PTA)
- Did Russia made a mistake selling Alaska?
Answers, Conclusions, other Questions
TAL:*Did Russia made a mistake selling Alaska?
"Russia made a stupid mistake to sell Alaska" http:// /
Why did Russia want to sell Alaska? http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/time/gp/17662.htm
Russia wanted to sell Alaska because Russia offered to sell Alaska to the US in 1859, believing the United States would off-set the designs of Russia's greatest rival in the Pacific, Great Britain Go back to Social Studies Projects page.
Was Alaska a "problem" for Russia?JN
Wed, Jan 21 Penair 232
Depart: 12:20pm Arrive: 2:00pm
Unalakleet, AK (UNK) Anchorage, AK (ANC)
Non-stop Economy 1hr 40min Saab 340 Turboprop